- Bay Instruments was founded by Dr. Todd Kana in 2000 for commercialization of academic research in analytical instrumentation for environmental science
- Expertise:Membrane inlet mass spectrometry (MIMS)
- High precision gas measurements
- Quadrupole mass spectrometry
- High vacuum technology
- Instrument customization
- Application assistance
- High vacuum instrument, equipment and supply sales
- Dun & Bradstreet, Federal SAM.gov registered.
Our customers are primarily in the research community associated with university and government laboratories. Throughout our existence, we have incorporated Pfeiffer Vacuum, Inc. mass spectrometers and vacuum equipment in our value-added instruments.
Revenue and most recent significant government and university contract references provided upon request.
Products and Services
Bay Instruments is an authorized reseller of Pfeiffer Vacuum equipment and an authorized distributor of Walz equipment and supplies.
- Pumping Stations
- Rotary Vane Pumps
- Diaphragm Pumps
- Complete Custom Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometer
- Software Customization for Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometer Control
- Delivery, Instruction and Initial Setup of Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometer
- Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometry Consultation, Training, and Installation Follow-Up Services
- Walz Fluorometers and Photosynthesis Equipment and Supplies
- Walz Trouble-Shooting and Individual or Group Technical Training and/or Assistance.
WALZ distributorship for the US and Canada
In 2015, Bay Instruments became the exclusive distributor of WALZ photosynthesis equipment for the US and Canada. Our founder’s academic research includes 20+ years of experience with WALZ chlorophyll fluorometers, both for research and teaching. We provide technical, marketing, sales and training assistance to the WALZ company. We keep a limited range of instruments at our facility for demonstrations and loans.
Pfeiffer Vacuum equipment reseller
We have incorporated Pfeiffer Vacuum quadrupole mass spectrometers and vacuum equipment in our MIMS since 1990. Pfeiffer Vacuum’s reputation for quality and reliability has translated to Bay Instruments MIMS that are low maintenance and high quality. Our relationship with Pfeiffer Vacuum allows us to quote equipment at substantial discounts in many cases. We sell only new, fully warrantied equipment. We are happy to provide quotes for any item in Pfeiffer Vacuum’s product line.
- Established in 2000 with 20+ years of experience in vacuum technology
- Proven track record of providing instruments, equipment, supplies, service and instruction to government and academic organizations.
- Rapid order and communication response
- Strong technical awareness with research and development background in high vacuum technology and membrane inlet mass spectrometry
- Global leading authority in MIMS
- Ties to academic and government research communities
- Federal government contract experience – 16 years
- Instruments and clients currently in 14 countries
- Our largest repeat customer chose us to provide quality control instrumentation for FDA approved manufacturing processes
- Discounts for Pfeiffer Vacuum products
- 25 years research in photosynthesis and experience with Walz instrumentation
- Dr. Todd Kana is a published author, (>50 articles) whose academic research experience spans 25+ years.
- Member of Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO), Coastal and Estuarine Research Foundation (CERF), American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Todd M Kana
Owner and Technical Contact
930 Port Street
Easton, Maryland 21601